Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Salma Hayek: 'I've Never Had Anything Done on My Face'


Since 2007, Salma Hayek has been in full-on mommy mode, popping up only occasionally for guest spots on TV's "30 Rock" and in films such as Adam Sandler's "Grownups." The 44-year-old has been busy taking care of her daughter, Valentina, who will turn 4 in September, and playing wife to her husband, French businessman Francois-Henri Pinault. Now, she's back with a candid interview in Allure, in which she talks about raising a child, her sex bomb status, and her new line of skin care products.

While most celebs are reluctant to talk about any special treatment their kids gain from their wealth or fame, Hayek is up front about it. The Mexican-born thespian is proud she's earned a better life for her little girl. "I never understood the point of being privileged if you don't get to have the privileges," Hayek notes. "Like, people who won't take their kids to an expensive restaurant, or won't travel with them, or make them pay for everything at a really young age. I think it's important that kids have responsibilities and understand the value of things, but I think it's great I get to travel the world with my daughter."

Hayek herself didn't always have it so easy; today she even admits to playing the hot girl a few too many times just to get ahead in her career. "When I first started, I found that I had to play the part of something they could swallow in Hollywood, which was the sexy Latin girl," Hayek explains. "I was not dressing like that in Mexico."

The truth is, no matter what she's wearing, the Academy Award-nominated star is sexy. And -- surprisingly, in such a vain business -- Hayek confesses that her beauty is au naturel. "I've never had anything done on my face -- I've never had dermabrasion or peels or injections of any kind, nothing." That's why it makes perfect sense that the "Desperado" star has decided to launch Nuance, a 100-product line of beauty, hair, and skin care products at CVS stores. Prices range from $2.99 to $19.99. "I believe that every woman is entitled to preserve her youth," Hayek says.[omg.yahoo.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment