Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jennifer Aniston and Other Celebrities in Overhyped Nude Scenes

The Internet has been abuzz with rumors that Jennifer Aniston will star in her first topless movie scene in the upcoming movie "Horrible Bosses," in which she plays a depraved dentist who enjoys sexually harassing her employee. However, the actress has denied the rumors and said that there's not even a chance of any flashes of flesh showing up on an unrated DVD later on. And unfortunately for fans of celebrity skin, Aniston isn't the first celeb with a teased nude scene that got a little overhyped. Here's a look at a few other celebrities whose supposed nude scenes caused media sensations but ended up being big disappointments to aficionados of flesh on film:

Sandra Bullock

Perhaps one of the best examples is America's other sweetheart. Much ado was made of her nude scene with Ryan Reynolds in her 2009 movie "The Proposal," with Bullock saying of appearing sans clothes, "Sadly, my first and last nude scene got laughs, so I had to be very secure with that." Experts on Sandra's skintimate past will note that she already appeared nude in the 1993 movie "Fire on the Amazon," but she was probably just hoping that everyone had forgotten about that little gem (so maybe she was also lying about her nude scene in "The Proposal" being her last). Anyway, Sandra did her darndest to sell the sexy scene by saying things like this: "Our stuff was hanging in each other's faces, and we didn't care.... But seriously, I wanted to do a good job because people are paying their hard-earned money to come and be entertained and surprised and to see my fabulous naked scene. And if there are no lines outside theaters on June 19, I'm going to be so pissed." Eloquently put. However, her nude scene with Ryan was a blink-and-you-missed-it moment, and somehow Sandra managed to keep herself completely covered (even though she had to use Ryan to do it). The movie ended up being rated PG-13, and while poor Sandy was doing her best to sell it as a raunchy adult comedy, Jesse James was deciding that he preferred his women rated NC-17.

Hayden Panettiere

Plenty of guys were probably excited about the prospect of seeing the cheerleader from "Heroes" naked in 2009, especially since Hayden had previously said she'd only do a nude scene for an Oscar-worthy movie role (that seems to have worked out well for the Lifetime movie star). Anyway, it looked like she had changed her mind for the comedy "I Love You, Beth Cooper" -- until she started talking more about her supposed nude scene. Hayden said of the experience, ""I was really naked. I had these little sticky petals on my boobs, but that was about it." In other words, she wasn't really naked when she dropped her towel in the movie, and all the audience got was an eyeful of back. "I Love You, Beth Cooper" was also rated PG-13.

Megan Fox

Fox tried to become more than the hot girl from "Transformers" by getting topless for the horror movie "Jennifer's Body" -- sort of. When photos of the teased topless scene leaked on the internet, fanboys were confused to see Fox wearing flesh-colored underwear and pasties, and they ended up seeing even less of her in the movie. Fox later said that she'll never do a nude scene, although she did recently appear as a topless bird woman in "Passion Play" (using an arm to keep herself covered, of course). Unfortunately a photo taken while she was filming that scene also leaked on the internet, with Fox saying of them: "If I knew who took this picture, I would personally cause them harm - physical harm. I'm not a f**king reality TV star that's courting the paparazzi and wants my f**king picture taken all the time. I'm at my job and I'm trying to play a character and I'm trying to be serious, and this is the s**t that's happening to me. It makes me furious." Obviously she hasn't learned that her dirty mouth is not helping her movie career.

No comments:

Post a Comment